Pages

Monday, July 21, 2008

BATMAN: The Dark Knight Review


So this Friday, July 18, 2008, a group of us all went to the 6am, yes I said 6am, showing of Dark Knight on the IMAX screen here in Orlando. IT WAS AMAZING. I usually dont wake up at 5am to go to the movie theater but this was well worth it. I understand that IMAX at Pointe Orlando is booked solid for the next week or so. Pretty impressive given other movies that I have seen there have almost been an empty theater. What I want to know is can an Oscar be awarded to someone for best actor post-mortim? (I think that's how you spell that.) Heath Ledger was amazing as the Joker. His characterization was simply impeccable. Bruce Wayne is known to have great crime fighting gadgets. In Dark Knight, he had some of the best technology and Bat-tools that have ever been used in a film. It was like 007 was finally written in comic format! It was amazing. The plot, the soundtrack, the costumes, the editing...all phenomenal. I now have a new favorite film!

No comments: