Pages

Sunday, January 13, 2008

CIGARS: Cabaiguan El Guapo


I have heard great things about this cigar so I thought I would pick one up and give it a light. It is surprisingly mild given that it created by Don Pepin Garica for Pete Johnson, both of whom are known for producing and enjoying complex, spicy, hearty cigars. The Cabaiguan is a blend of Nicaraguan tobaccos, the binder is Nicaraguan and the wrapper is a Connecticut Seed shade-grown Ecuadoran leaf, and results in a medium-bodied cigar. This cigar was released in 2004 and is available in four vitolas. The particular size I am smoking is the 'El Guapo' size which is about the size of a toro but seems to be just slightly larger in ring size. It lit very nicely, however even with the deeper cut that I would normally use, this cigar had a very difficult draw. It is very mellow and smooth with coffee and almond notes here in there. I will try this one again, but for now I am very unimpressed.

No comments: