Pages

Friday, July 10, 2009

President Obama added to Disney's Hall of Presidents

As many people know, I got my professional start with the Walt Disney Company. When asked what my favorite attraction was, people are always taken back when I answer that they my two favorite attractions are The American Adventure at Epcot and Disney's Hall of Presidents at Magic Kingdom. Even though Hall of Presidents is updated every time a new US president is elected, however it is usually described as tired and out dated. With Obama taking office, I was curious to see how the new audio animatronic would look, so I did a little digging. I found this video that Disney World News released about the renovations of one of my favorite attractions.



I was pleasantly surprised to learn that my old company was not only implementing the 44th president, but completely renovating the attraction with new animatronic equipment for more fluid movements, state-of-the-art audio and digital lighting, and an updated Abraham Lincoln delivering the complete "Gettysburg Address."

What was also very interesting is that the White House released a video of when Disney Imagineers visited our nation's capitol to collect audio of Obama delivering his inspirational speech for the attraction as well. Watching Obama deliver this speech the first time he reads the teleprompter goes to show what an amazing orator he is.

No comments: